Groups of hosting services
A hosting solution implies saving and/or sharing specific content on a web hosting server administered by a web hosting provider. There are different types of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's have a glimpse at these. In this way, you can decide what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to set up a web site, e-mails, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a solution provided by certain providers, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free file hosting packages are frequently supported by showing ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a certain interval of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a totally unsuitable explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would divide the workload between separate groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web space hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a brand of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific companies offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is good if you would like to share a big quantity of pics with pals or associates since the solution is generally free. You will get a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to tackling your e-mail box accounts. Some distributors offer web hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you wish to run an email address with your domain name but do not wish to have a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can set up e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a particular amount of CPU load, so with several videos and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a hard time with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will enable you to have as many videos as you want without worrying about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to have a website. To some degree, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting forms since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and email address accounts, upload video files, etc. At AIDA Host, for example, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are made for specific web content only.